No. of Recommendations: 0
Andy. Unless I'm mistaken, you will also need to consider your current income. When I researched this a while ago, I found that if your modified AGI exceeded $100k then you couldn't roll a 401k or Tradition IRA into a ROTH. From what I read, this will change in 2010 and the $100k income limit will disappear - the same year that my wife and I plan on retiring.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.