Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: cswelch Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 193036  
Subject: Angels Unawares Date: 9/8/2007 6:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 11
i have severe degenerative arthritis in my knees and back and it is painful getting around, especially when doing errands.

Today I had to go to three places. The first was Randall's, a grocery store, where I had to buy cookies for a church function. I also had to buy tickets for STS (Special Transit Service, a door to door shared ride service for the disabled). By the time I was at the end of the line, the cashier said "Is there anything I can do for you?" I gave her two dollars and asked her if she would mind getting me a Dr.Pepper, which she did.

I waited on a bench outside the store for my taxi ride to my next destination, Walgreen's. I also had a layaway to pick up at Fashion Bug but had not been able to get a ride there from STS. The cab driver noticed me perspiring and limping and asked if there was anything he could do for me. (Aha! Two in one day!)

I asked him to wait while I ran my five-minute errand at Walgreen's and then he drove me two stores down to Fashion Bug and even helped me get my clothes into the taxi, drove me home and helped me get cookies and clothes into the house.

The neat thing about all this is that the taxi drivers are supposed to drop me off at Walgreen's and then I am supposed to call a second cab to take me home.

I felt extremely blessed this afternoon and my joints do too.

Cathy "Cat"
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement