UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tjscott0 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 745940  
Subject: Anheuser-Busch pushes higher-alcohol beers Date: 11/6/2012 6:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post.aspx?post=67567774-22dd...

Early next year, the beer maker plans to introduce Budweiser Black Crown, which Advertising Age describes as a "golden amber lager" that is "distinctively smooth and beechwood finished."

Black Crown will have 6% alcohol by volume (ABV), matching the content of in Bud Light Platinum, a brand introduced in January that is selling well. It will surpass the 5% ABV in Budweiser and the 4.2% of regular Bud Light.

6% Wow! North of Icehouse. I doubt it will be as affordable as Icehouse though
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 653414 of 745940
Subject: Re: Anheuser-Busch pushes higher-alcohol beers Date: 11/6/2012 6:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Now that's news i can use!

Today of all days, no matter what the outcome, alcohol will be necessary.

Author: tjscott0 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 653415 of 745940
Subject: Re: Anheuser-Busch pushes higher-alcohol beers Date: 11/6/2012 6:43 PM
Now that's news i can use!

Today of all days, no matter what the outcome, alcohol will be necessary.

Elections come & go.
BEER is ETERNAL!<lol>

Heard on CNBC that the House & Senate will remain purty much as is. I don't see either guy gitting much thru congress. A good thing IMHO.

That will at least force cuts in the gov't as either party will agree on anything & sequestration will occur. Yea $1.2 trillion in cuts!

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 653423 of 745940
Subject: Re: Anheuser-Busch pushes higher-alcohol beers Date: 11/6/2012 7:08 PM
I was in the yuppified Zupan's Market the other day and I saw 16-ounce bottles of beer for $8 each. I have no idea what brand or the alcohol content but it seemed a tad expensive. Can't you get a case of Icehouse for that price?

--fleg

Author: tjscott0 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 653425 of 745940
Subject: Re: Anheuser-Busch pushes higher-alcohol beers Date: 11/6/2012 7:15 PM
I was in the yuppified Zupan's Market the other day and I saw 16-ounce bottles of beer for $8 each. I have no idea what brand or the alcohol content but it seemed a tad expensive. Can't you get a case of Icehouse for that price?

--fleg

Around here you can get 8 16oz cans & change from $8.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 653426 of 745940
Subject: Re: Anheuser-Busch pushes higher-alcohol beers Date: 11/6/2012 7:16 PM
Black Crown will have 6% alcohol by volume (ABV), matching the content of in Bud Light Platinum, a brand introduced in January that is selling well. It will surpass the 5% ABV in Budweiser and the 4.2% of regular Bud Light.
------------

What a bunch of wimps. Try Chimay - beer made by monks - 7-9%.
http://www.chimay.com/en/en.html?IDC=27

arrete

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 653432 of 745940
Subject: Re: Anheuser-Busch pushes higher-alcohol beers Date: 11/6/2012 7:49 PM
Recommendations: 1
6% Wow! North of Icehouse. I doubt it will be as affordable as Icehouse though

tjscott0

6% ABV! That's a session beer. I have two 330 ml bottles of Rochefort 10 Trappist ale ($6.99/each in PA, $5.99 elsewhere) cooling down in the cellar that clock in at 11.3% ABV. Romney wins, I'm opening one of those bottles and pouring the contents into my Rochefort chalice (Belgian ales all have their own unique glassware).

Romney loses, I might drink 'em both. <g>

Mike

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement