Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Keith15 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18  
Subject: Annual check Date: 8/12/2001 3:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
No post for over a year.

Still a great company.

Still making my monthly drip check.

Any thoughts?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: bcmoga One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 18
Subject: Re: Annual check Date: 9/28/2001 9:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I am glad you are interested in Nicor stock. As an employee of the company, I want to say it is very well managed. Mr. Fisher and the team of management he has put together make Nicor a very stable place. The board has been really consistent in issuing dividends too.

We got a notice a few days ago stating Nicor would be repurchasing $50 million dollars of the outstanding shares. The company has already repurchased 25% of the stock shares that were outstanding in 1989.

A final thought is that the company has a 99% share of it's market for a product nearly everyone uses (natural gas), yet it is still a growth market becuase of new construction and many businesses switching to gas to fuel their plants (EPA regulations have been very good to the natural gas industry). In addition, Nicor is making breakthroughs into the service industry for appliance maintainence and repair, back-up power generation, and in other areas.

Hope you continue to enjoy owning one of the best!

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement