Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: msurel Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 851  
Subject: Annual Report Date: 3/22/2002 9:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I got mine in the mail yesterday. I haven't gotten any further than the letter to shareholders, but I like what I read there. Dimon seems to be up front with and concerned about shareholders, employees, customers, affiliates, just about everybody who has contact with the company in some form.

I also like his talking about how he plans on running the company a little more conservatively than its peers, how that is still a year or two away from becoming part of the culture, and the near term and long term implications that has.

Personally I was very happy when they took the writedown to protect bad loans way before the economy/market tanked. I thought that was a very wise long term move.

Anybody else look at the report? Any comments?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DMYERS8985 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 834 of 851
Subject: Re: Annual Report Date: 3/22/2002 12:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I to received mine yesterday. I looked deep enough to see that Dimon received a $3,000,000 bonus last year. I believe other executives received bonuses of $1,000,000 and $2,000,000 respectively.

I live right across the street from the big new Bank One Corporate Center in Columbus, Ohio. I'll tell you one thing we stockholders would do a bit better if they turned the lights off once and a while. No matter what time of night you drive past this complex the office lights are lite up like a Christmas tree.

Author: peakebc Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 837 of 851
Subject: Re: Annual Report Date: 4/19/2003 3:11 PM
Thanks for the tip DMYERS. I work for Bank One, and part of our training each and every day is to find ways to cut costs and improve customer service. As an employee I can say that the past 2 years have seen tremendous change in how business is conducted. Gone are the days of constant errors in checking and savings accounts, poor customer service, and a corporate structure that severely hindered your ability to service a customer.

Bank One has gone from working with 10 to 11 different checking account systems and integrated them to 1 system over the last two years. We still have one more conversion to go, but things are looking good. I moved my own personal accounts to Bank One last year, and haven't thought twice about it. Plus we now have an open line of communication to help us assist all customers. It is not perfect, and still needs some tweaking, but we are getting there. We are focused on growth internally by going out and getting new business, and expanding our relationships with our good customers. Employees are motivated to provide the best service. Our management team makes it easy to do this by providing us with the right tools and training to do our job. I think our price right now is a bargain, and am willing to buy as many shares as possible.

The thing I am proudest of is how they treat their employees, and their efforts to work with the community. Every active reservist that has been called in to active duty not only did not have to worry about their job, but also was reassured that the bank was matching the difference in pay while they are on active duty. We take pride in our civic responsibility, and strive to make each city we are in a better place to live.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement