Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Mathmath Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121185  
Subject: annuities & taxes from 1099 Date: 3/13/2001 5:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If an annuity is set up by an employer today, and cannot be used/withdrawn until it 'matures' to a certain value 5 years down the road, can the employer issue a 1099 to an employee - - expecting the employee to pay taxes on end value ($100K) of the annuity NOW, when the employee is not even to be used until 5 years from now?? Please advise, fools....thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pmarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48350 of 121185
Subject: Re: annuities & taxes from 1099 Date: 3/13/2001 8:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
If an annuity is set up by an employer today, and cannot be used/withdrawn until it 'matures' to a certain value 5 years down the road, can the employer issue a 1099 to an employee - - expecting the employee to pay taxes on end value ($100K) of the annuity NOW, when the employee is not even to be used until 5 years from now??

Anyone with a typewriter and blank forms can issue a 1099. I suggest you ask the issuer what the basis of the 1099 is.

Phil Marti
VITA Volunteer

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement