No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a realitivly large sum of money invested in annuities. This money is for my sons and I desire it to augment their retirement income. My sons are 38 and 41 years old, I'm 68. Because of the tax consequence it would probably be uuwise to "cash in" these investments and invest elsewhere. I'm thinking of moving these investments to the Vanguard index 500 variable annuity so that the money will be in the stock market. Does this seem reasonable or are there better ways to direct my annuity investments. Really would appreciate any help.
Thanks much;
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.