UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Azotic Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: Another credit report question... Date: 5/7/2002 2:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

OK, so I recently challenged a CRA detail on my closed First USA card and they (1) changed it from closed to open and (2) deleted my payment history while leaving the account at status R2.

So, here are my questions:

1) Is it going to present problems that there's no payment history on the account when I try to get the thing deleted 7 1/2 years after the last delinquency? (that date is two years older than 7 1/2 years after the last activity.)

2) Is it going to be more harmful to my FICO score that there's no indication how old the delinquency is than if there were two delinquencies over two years ago and a clear payment history since then?

-- Mark
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Mangard Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 125660 of 308881
Subject: Re: Another credit report question... Date: 5/7/2002 12:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
No one responded b/c it is a little confusing.

Say, what?

There is a payment history at First USA corporate headquarters.
So, if the CRA does their job they will call them and get the straight story. I would dispute again. Tell them that exactly how you "want" the account to be listed, as closed or opened, with/without delinquenices whatever.

If the last activity on that card is over 7 years old then it should not show up on your credit report. I.E. if a delinquency is over 7 years old it should not show up on your credit report. If the last activity was from 2 years ago then all account payment history from 7 years from today should still be visible.

I don't know how the delinquencies will affect the FICO but there is ony one way to find out for sure.

MAngard

Author: Azotic Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 125663 of 308881
Subject: Re: Another credit report question... Date: 5/7/2002 12:26 PM
> If the last activity on that card is over 7 years old
> then it should not show up on your credit report.

The date of last activity was 3/02, when I cancelled the card, but the date of the last delinquency was 4/00.

What I'm trying to determine is whether it's in my interest to insist that they restore my deleted payment history. Is it worse to have an account indicated as R2 (which means that at some time in the past it was 30-60 days delinquent) with no payment history, or is it worse to have a payment history that specifies an exact date of two 30-day-late payments two years ago?

Maybe it's just splitting hairs; the problem is that I don't know that I have any recourse to force First USA to report information, and if they don't confirm it, the CRA will delete it.

When I ultimately want to wipe this thing off my credit record in 10/07, I can probably wave around my Experian and Trans Union reports to demonstrate that the last delinquency was 4/00... I'm just worried about what I can do until then.

-- Mark

Author: Mangard Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 125752 of 308881
Subject: Re: Another credit report question... Date: 5/7/2002 6:04 PM
I would suggest re-disupting. I would think you are better off showing that the delinquency is over two years old b/c that is less damaging (the two-year mark) than a late charge that is recent. Without something identifying the date of the delinquency then it could have been yesterday like it could have been five years ago. (If I understand the scenario.)

Mangard

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement