Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: precious1965 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44390  
Subject: Another in Recovery Date: 5/4/2001 3:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 34
Miss me? I like to think so. Want the scoop? If not, don't read further. : P

In September 2000 I sponsored two hikes on the Billy Goat Trail in Great Falls, MD. By the time I got home from each, it felt as if my head would explode and the nausea was overwhelming. [Details omitted.] Things got worse from there. Between Thanksgiving and mid-December, I became light headed and faint, unable to walk steadily, running into walls, laryngitis returned again and again. The headaches were 10 times worse than any migraine I've ever had. Worse than the two-day migraines wine gives me. It felt as if someone was taking a can opener to my head.

Possible causes based on my health history? Enlarged heart, aneurysm, blockage in the brain. Scary stuff to be sure. After dozens of doctors visits to several different doctors, hospital visit, CAT scan of brain and sinuses, blood work with some things off the scale and my fifth time on antibiotics -- this time for 30 days -- guess what I find out today? A routine visit to my ophthalmologist results in a possible explanation.

I take antibiotic, I feel better but not 100%. I stop taking antibiotic and all symptoms return. I cannot afford to get fired from my job for not being able to work. Eye doc's theory is that the glands in my eyes are infected (which they are). The infection migrates to tear ducts and then to the sinuses. Once I stop antibiotics, infection digs in again. Reduced immunity, reduced responsiveness to medication, reduced ability to concentrate or otherwise function, average 2-3 hours of sleep per night for someone who needs 8.

Eye doc's solution? I now have plugs in my tear ducts (not too cheap but simply done and not painful) and must take medicated eye drops 4 times a day for 2 weeks. How will we know this works? If June 1 comes and goes and I'm feeling better than ever, I will be cured. Maybe I can live again?

I hope so.

Sincerely,
Precious
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement