No. of Recommendations: 0
My wife recently left her job and she had a 457 account through her job (a 457 is a government employee's version of a 401K-all contributions are pre-tax). We are looking to rollover the money into an IRA and were wondering if we would be better off to rollover into a traditional IRA or a Roth. I understand that with the Roth we would have to pay taxes on the money now but we have about 20-25 years for the investment to grow and the idea of being able to withdraw the investment proceeds tax free in retirement is enticing. Any ideas?
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.