UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 753339  
Subject: Another lib loses it Date: 9/9/2012 9:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 22
>> It’s become commonplace that liberals will scream the GOP is a party full of hateful, divisive people then, in the same breath, proceed to spew hateful, divisive rhetoric. WaPo columnist Colby King provides the latest example of such hypocrisy. The exchange discussing Clinton’s speech on PBS’ Inside Washington between King and fellow panelist Charles Krauthammer went like this:

COLBY KING: I think one of (Bill) Clinton's lines really hit home. The amount of hate that the Republicans have for Barack Obama is just astounding. It's not just political differences, it's really raw, visceral hate. And you hear week after week, day after day, moment after moment, to the Fox crowd.

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: That is complete rubbish. I haven't heard one Republican use the language that the leader of the California delegation used in describing Paul Ryan as the Goebbels of our time, as a Nazi. He actually had to excuse himself and return home after that because of a previously scheduled root canal.
COLBY KING: when it comes to the Obamas, for goodness sakes, they do nothing right. I'm prepared to just go ahead and accept that from you, Charles [Krauthammer]. They do nothing right. Maybe the thing that they could do that would make you happy, maybe they should just die. <<
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2012/09/08/wapo_c...

I don't understand this attitude of "if you plan to vote for Romney, you have a visceral hate for Obama". Who bothers to hate him? I just don't like his plocies, past and future. His vision for the US is not mine. But hate? Why bother.

arrete
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 642762 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/9/2012 10:11 AM
Recommendations: 1
arrette:"I don't understand this attitude of "if you plan to vote for Romney, you have a visceral hate for Obama". Who bothers to hate him? I just don't like his plocies, past and future. His vision for the US is not mine. But hate? Why bother."

They are still playing the 'white guilt' card.

If you don't vote for Obama, it's because you hate him because he is half black. Simple.

Just playing the white guilt card. That got him a lot of votes the first time.

He was advertised as 'the great uniter'......someone who would 'transcend' the 'race barrier'......and you had to vote for him and if you didn't , it was probably because you were a racist...plain and simple.

Now, they are desperate and playing the race card time and time again.....the 'white guilt' card. If you don't love him, it's bcause you are 'racist' and 'incapable' of 'transcending the race barrier' and 'not worthy'.

Silly....but that is what they are hoping....that 'hopey changey' thing....likely for the worse, but heck...it's politics Chicago style.....

t.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 642780 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/9/2012 11:38 AM
telegraph wrote: He was advertised as 'the great uniter'......someone who would 'transcend' the 'race barrier'......and you had to vote for him and if you didn't , it was probably because you were a racist...plain and simple.

The country has never been so divided, and it's easy to see why. Obama is ALWAYS hitting the "them vs. us" button. One would have to be a librul to deny it.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 642791 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/9/2012 12:17 PM
Recommendations: 0
The imaginary hate thing is the club their using to pound their base with. They literally have nothing else.

Author: TerryMcK Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 642803 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/9/2012 2:39 PM
Obama is ALWAYS hitting the "them vs. us" button. One would have to be a librul to deny it.

More disturbing is the us of "I" vs. "us" (or U.S.).

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 643013 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/10/2012 3:40 PM
Recommendations: 23
The amount of hate that the Republicans have for Barack Obama is just astounding. It's not just political differences, it's really raw, visceral hate.

I hate to say it, but its true. Anyone that wants to tax me to death, redistribute my hard earned money, and vilify me for being successful, responsible, a builder and not a moocher of society, I hate them from the very core of my being.

JLC

Author: Wradical Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 643104 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/11/2012 11:12 AM
Recommendations: 16
The amount of hate that the Republicans have for Barack Obama is just astounding. It's not just political differences, it's really raw, visceral hate.

I hate to say it, but its true. Anyone that wants to tax me to death, redistribute my hard earned money, and vilify me for being successful, responsible, a builder and not a moocher of society, I hate them from the very core of my being.

JLC

===================================
That's really what this is all about to you? Really?

You might be different, but if this was just a debate about tax rates we would be having a much more civilized (and boring) discourse in this country.

It's the GOP who brings on the faux outrage about "class warfare". It is not "attacking" or "vilifying" anyone, to suggest that someone like Warren Buffett should pay a higher tax rate than his secretary. In fact, Warren Buffett said that.

Bill

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 643109 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/11/2012 11:21 AM
Recommendations: 3
It's the GOP who brings on the faux outrage about "class warfare". It is not "attacking" or "vilifying" anyone, to suggest that someone like Warren Buffett should pay a higher tax rate than his secretary. In fact, Warren Buffett said that.

Bill

Welcome to earth, I am guessing you only got MsNBC on your spacecraft on the flight over.

If you take some time and study the recent history of the planet, you will find many instances of these to earth creatures(though many of us hate to admit they are) Joe Biden and Barrack Obama, as well as some others like Pelosi, Reid and a group of show hosts that you have seen on your planer, like Matthews, Maddow Schultz, Sharpton, that have a long record of vilifing the rich for not caring and wanting to do all sorts of harm to the poor and only supporting Republicans because they want to destroy the environment and things like that

You may want to look at the issue before making further pronouncements , else folks might believe you r entire planet is occupied by idiots

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 643112 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/11/2012 11:33 AM
Anyone that wants to tax me to death, redistribute my hard earned money, and vilify me for being successful, responsible, a builder and not a moocher of society, I hate them from the very core of my being.

But why do you hate Obama?

Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 643153 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/11/2012 3:09 PM
I hate to say it, but its true. Anyone that wants to tax me to death, redistribute my hard earned money, and vilify me for being successful, responsible, a builder and not a moocher of society, I hate them from the very core of my being. JLC

Gee...Am I glad I am not YOUR neighbor, asking for a cup of sugar or help giving my car a jump start on a snowy day. ..!!!!!

Do you have any idea how selfish "I've got mine so I don't care" you sound. Who or what built your roads, your schools, the work safety regulations, the small claims court ( for your whining) etc etc...it was government, concerned for the good of all. No one vilifies your success...they vilify your inability to share it with others and "play fair"

You have the "Me Me Me....." un-American attitude. Don't tell me you "love your country" You love what you can get from it.

Big Momma

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 643154 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/11/2012 3:24 PM
Recommendations: 5
I hate to say it, but its true. Anyone that wants to tax me to death, redistribute my hard earned money, and vilify me for being successful, responsible, a builder and not a moocher of society, I hate them from the very core of my being. JLC

Gee...Am I glad I am not YOUR neighbor, asking for a cup of sugar or help giving my car a jump start on a snowy day. ..!!!!!

Do you have any idea how selfish "I've got mine so I don't care" you sound. Who or what built your roads, your schools, the work safety regulations, the small claims court ( for your whining) etc etc...it was government, concerned for the good of all. No one vilifies your success...they vilify your inability to share it with others and "play fair"

You have the "Me Me Me....." un-American attitude. Don't tell me you "love your country" You love what you can get from it.

Big Momma

---------------------------------
Heh, heh. That JLC sure is selfish for wanting to keep some of his money <g>. Roads!

Hey Big Momma, i have a question, i remember a few years back you got your purse stolen while you were getting your hair done but you couldn't catch the thief. Why did you even try catching him? It's obvious he needed the money more than you considering he took a chance at getting caught and thrown in prison, talk about desperation! Shouldn't you have gladly given him a hearty, "kerry on good chap" and sent him on his way?

Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 643158 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/11/2012 3:38 PM
So glad my posts are memorable. Yep...I got 8 stitches from that bash on my head, but I was chasing him for 2 other women's purses too. I've laughed about it a lot since. And the robber spent round $800 in the Caribbean....

I've been mugged again since then ...but it doesn't stop me from wanting to share what I have with others, on a NORMAL basis.

Yea for Warren Buffet and others like him.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 643159 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/11/2012 3:45 PM
So glad my posts are memorable. Yep...I got 8 stitches from that bash on my head, but I was chasing him for 2 other women's purses too. I've laughed about it a lot since. And the robber spent round $800 in the Caribbean....

I've been mugged again since then ...but it doesn't stop me from wanting to share what I have with others, on a NORMAL basis.
-------------------------------------------------------
I don't think the government taking 40% of your income above a certain amount is "normal". I think for taking 40% they should either be working close to half of the hours for you or really giving you some really nice goodies. I find what they want to do in France absolute insanity.

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 643165 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/11/2012 4:25 PM
Recommendations: 7
But why do you hate Obama?

If you can't comprehend "its necessary to spread the wealth", we have nothing further to discuss.

JLC

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 643168 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/11/2012 4:36 PM
Recommendations: 25

Obviously you don't know me and don't hang out here unless something hits the best of list.

While I generally hate to toot my own horn unless its over some group accomplishment, here is a brief list....

...I do medical mission trips and give away free care that approaches the median USA household income. Per trip.

...I fund a scholarship at my alma mater that the school's foundation says is one of the best. Period, better than many corporations.

...I help fund a residency training program in Macau via the Hope Clinic of Macau

...I do plenty of free care at my hospital via Medicare/Medicaid. How? I do things that I think are right for the patient yet are frequently deemed unnecessary so I don't get reimbursed. And its not some bullish*t esoteric things either, its usually post-op pain control.

I could go on, but its a picture you (and other bleeding heart liberals) want to ignore.

JLC

Author: bighairymike Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 643172 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/11/2012 4:42 PM
Who or what built your roads, your schools, the work safety regulations, the small claims court ( for your whining) etc etc...it was government, concerned for the good of all. - maloshi

----------------

And just where did the govenment get its money to do all these wonderful things? From taxpayers like JLC, that's who.

Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 643189 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/11/2012 6:18 PM

If they didn't control so many electoral votes, it would be humorous. They epitomize prejudice.
They have this mental image of who conservatives are, what they think, and what they want.
They decide they hate this imaginary republicans.
They come here and tell us that we should loath this imaginary evil person who they think we are.

While in fact, I hate the type of person who exercises prejudice and ignorance in the name of enlightenment.

Humanity will never rid itself of prejudice - it's just too easy to do. However, I'd like a few of these bozos to put at least a little thought into it.

Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 643625 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/14/2012 12:42 AM
JLC..
Congratulations! I'm very happy to hear of all the good things you do. They are indeed wonderful, and I sure many people have reason to be very very grateful to you.

You have done very well. So...you probably have enough surplus income to pay the 40% or whatever on the top part of your income.

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 643653 of 753339
Subject: Re: Another lib loses it Date: 9/14/2012 11:18 AM
You have done very well. So...you probably have enough surplus income to pay the 40% or whatever on the top part of your income.

You still don't get it.

The reason I'm able to do those things is because I have the money. Government takes more of it, I am unable to do those things.

Plus, I am way more efficient in the use of those "charitable" dollars. By the simple fact that I am more concerned how that money is used and the places/people I'm involved with I hold to a much higher standard of accountability that what the government enforces.

JLC

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement