UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (38) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TheDuece Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756499  
Subject: Another low in TMF double standard of censorship Date: 12/28/2010 2:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 42
TMF has stooped to new lows in their double standard:

At this post, sofaking6 said this about me:

Typical of the utterly pathetic attention-starved emotionally stunted compulsive troller.

http://boards.fool.com/i-had-him-in-my-p-box-but-saw-goofys-...

In response, I replied with:

Worded in an emotional way such as to draw attention to one's self and egg on another in a trollish manner.

My post got FA’d and sofaking’s didn’t.

So, to sum it up, here is TMF’s double standard:

A Liberal Atheist calling a Conservative Theist a “troll” is OK. A Conservative Theist saying that a Liberal Atheist is acting “trollish” is BAD.

A Liberal Atheist calling a Conservative Theist “emotionally stunted” is OK. A Conservative Theist saying that a Liberal Atheist is acting in an “emotional way” is BAD.

A Liberal Atheist calling a Conservative Theist “pathetically attention starved” is OK. A Conservative Theist saying that a Liberal Atheist is behaving in a manner that so as to draw attention is BAD.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546484 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/28/2010 2:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
You got it. I've gotten tired of being suspended and having my posts pulled, so I don't bother to interact with TMF libs anymore. Then they bash me for living in an echo chamber... whatever. It's not like they have anything to say that I cannot find for myself on The Huffington Post, moveon.org, Daily Kos, or FireDogLake anyway.

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546500 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/28/2010 3:18 PM
Recommendations: 24
At this post, sofaking6 said this about me:

Typical of the utterly pathetic attention-starved emotionally stunted compulsive troller.

Try to have some compassion for her. Remember:

"Scratch a conservative and you will almost always find a happy person; scratch a liberal and you are likely to encounter a seething cauldron of disappointment and rage." --John Hinderaker

--fleg

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546513 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/28/2010 3:52 PM
Recommendations: 1
Was her post FA'ed?? Someone has to FA a post for it to be removed, unless it's something very egregious.

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546522 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/28/2010 4:15 PM
Recommendations: 4
You got it. I've gotten tired of being suspended and having my posts pulled, so I don't bother to interact with TMF libs anymore.

wolverine307

Thank goodness for TMF's P-box. In the real world, I simply don't associate with people that I don't care to be with. It's harder to do this on an Internet message board, but the P-box feature helps keep the blood pressure in check.

I don't remember much about sofaking, but he/she got P-boxed shortly after making some posts on this board, so he/she must have more obnoxious than most leftist/progressive/liberal trolls.

Mike

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546530 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/28/2010 4:29 PM
Recommendations: 0
I don't remember much about sofaking, but he/she got P-boxed shortly after making some posts on this board, so he/she must have more obnoxious than most leftist/progressive/liberal trolls.
---------------------------------------------------
If i recall correctly she made a few posts here during the whole GusSmeg/DevilJune/intercst, renaming this board/starting a new board kerfuffle.

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546535 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/28/2010 4:42 PM
Recommendations: 2

She was involved in a denial-of-service attack on this board that a bunch of grown up liberals engaged in a couple of years back. Her father is a psychologist, so take that into account also. 2828 and I, realizing what kind of emotional damage a father trained in psychology does to a child, wisely decided to remain childless and spare the world any more sofakings.

--fleg

sofaking6 (Lisa) was also once banned for quite a while several years ago for suggesting some sort of sex act on the young daughter of poster Jim Locker (jim18 or something like that). He had one hec of a temper and made it known that he had a right to carry permit. Well, can't remember all the details but things got ugly after that....I think he may have threatened her as well.

Then half of Fooldom started puting a "6" at the end of their screennames as support to get her back on.

Ahh....the golden age of Fool posting when the core original Fool posters were younger and foolish.

Author: JDCRex Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546543 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/28/2010 5:12 PM
Recommendations: 6
So, to sum it up, here is TMF’s double standard:

Oh, quit your histrionics.

They pull the posts that are reported - in my mind they are too quick on the trigger - but if that posts stands and yours doesn't, the vastly likely scenario is that yours was reported and hers wasn't.

Personally I don't think there was anything report-or-yank worthy in your post (if that is all it said) - but once again, they seem to err greatly on the side of caution - and it doesn't matter what political persuasion the poster is.

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546546 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/28/2010 5:18 PM
If it weren't for double standards, TMF would have NO standards at all. After all, they are made up primarily of liberals. Nothing surprising here.

Author: JDCRex Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546547 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/28/2010 5:26 PM
Recommendations: 16
If it weren't for double standards, TMF would have NO standards at all.

Heh. So says the person who has doppeled this placed for years - doing things like gate-crashing on memorial threads for a pet - and sends filth-laden emails when called out on it.

That is an example of good standards, is it?

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546617 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/28/2010 9:23 PM
It's not like they have anything to say that I cannot find for myself on The Huffington Post, moveon.org, Daily Kos, or FireDogLake anyway.

Or Media Matters, which is pretty much all one of them ever posts on. Wouldn't be at all surprised to find out he works for them... either that or he's a shill for nothing.

Author: wburble Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546621 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/28/2010 10:02 PM
The answer is obvious:

she has bigger breasts than you do.

Author: wburble Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546622 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/28/2010 10:03 PM
Doesn't she?

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546629 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/28/2010 10:29 PM
fleg says

"I don't remember much about sofaking, but he/she got P-boxed shortly after making some posts on this board, so he/she must have more obnoxious than most leftist/progressive/liberal trolls."

She was involved in a denial-of-service attack on this board that a bunch of grown up liberals engaged in a couple of years back. Her father is a psychologist, so take that into account also. 2828 and I, realizing what kind of emotional damage a father trained in psychology does to a child, wisely decided to remain childless and spare the world any more sofakings.

He probably even had a college degree. How despicable.

Author: PolymerMom Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546630 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/28/2010 10:41 PM
Poor TheDeuce! No one ever said the rules are fair by everyone's perception. Have you ever considered that your labels aren't the operative classification for pulling posts?

Author: JEDIKNIGHT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546634 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 12:01 AM
The Atheist Board is a treasure trove.

Take a post from that board that is mocking a certain religion.

Copy the post.

Replace the mocked religion, with ANOTHER religion....one whose flock.....gets rather "upset" at such words.

And post it on a forum where "motivated" people read it.

JDC, one of your posts got an unbelievable response.

Question now is, how to use these posts?

Invite responses from "motivated" people so they join TMF?

Or?

Well...we shall see.

Jedi

Author: JDCRex Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546644 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 2:27 AM
Take a post from that board that is mocking a certain religion.

It's not really the point. The point is that FAing happens to both political persuasions with an equal capriciousness.

Author: TheDuece Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546647 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 8:28 AM
They pull the posts that are reported - in my mind they are too quick on the trigger - but if that posts stands and yours doesn't, the vastly likely scenario is that yours was reported and hers wasn't.</i?

If that were, you'd have a point. But it isn't.

As a test, I have FA'd a couple posts where personal insults were leveled against me -- just to see what would happen. Days later, they remained.

Author: TheDuece Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546648 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 8:32 AM
Recommendations: 10
The point is that FAing happens to both political persuasions with an equal capriciousness.

No, it doesn't.

In my post, that got FA'd, I had copied the exact insults that sofaking leveled at me. It was right there for all to see.

Yet mine was pulled and hers was not. It is a double standard. Period.

Author: bdluckyshot Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546649 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 8:34 AM
Even though I agree that it seems that certain lefties and/or other TMF favorites get preferential treatment when it comes to which ones get pulled and which don't, I would look at it this way: You get what you pay for.

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546698 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 11:55 AM
Recommendations: 5
In my post, that got FA'd, I had copied the exact insults that sofaking leveled at me. It was right there for all to see.

The thing is, you have posted more than once that you go to the AF board specifically to troll. Trolling is against TMF rules, and this is why your posts get pulled.

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546700 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 12:08 PM
Recommendations: 3
Back in the days when 6 was suspended, TMF had taken an anti-atheist post and made it post of the day. It had a line from 'Kiss of the Spider Woman' in it without attribution*, and she described the post as derivative, which it was. It was also pretentious and poorly-written and yet TMF thought fit to make it POTD. Clearly showing that TMF has an anti-atheist bias.

IIRC, the OP fancied himself to be a writer and the "derivative" comment caused a ruckus to ensue, and they were both banned, and then later allowed to apologize and come back.

But the whole thing started because TMF is biased against atheists.

*"Why are atheists always talking about God?"

Author: n8larson Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546742 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 2:48 PM
The point is that FAing happens to both political persuasions with an equal capriciousness.

No, it doesn't.

Okay, it's a double standard that affects people of both sides from time to time. Just because you, yourself were wounded by it this time doesn't mean a damn thing in the big picture.

Here's another data point: I had an AF post was pulled recently that had as its only original contents: "I think you misspelled Yargle Bargle Blargh!"* But possibly because I had copied and italicized a few lines of the post to which I was responding, which were incendiary to the original troll post, TMF could have thought those words were mine. Not sure. The e-mail I got informing me of the post-pulling didn't differentiate between copied/italicized text and my own original commentary.

but no, you're not the only victim of this phenomenon.

-n8
(*For reference, an AF post earlier this month suggested that phrase, which appeared in a linked comic about partisanship, be used as the stock response to trolling attempts.)

Author: TellsTheTruth Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546746 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 3:02 PM
scratch a liberal and you are likely to encounter a seething cauldron of disappointment and rage."

When conservatives have wrecked their country, yes.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546751 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 3:11 PM
Recommendations: 32
scratch a liberal and you are likely to encounter a seething cauldron of disappointment and rage."

When conservatives have wrecked their country, yes.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Good point. Look at what conservative governments in California, Illinois, and Michigan have done when left unchecked.

Author: cattleman22 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546771 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 4:38 PM
{{In my post, that got FA'd, I had copied the exact insults that sofaking leveled at me. It was right there for all to see.

Yet mine was pulled and hers was not. It is a double standard. Period. }}

This had happened to me repeatedly. I would create a post containing all of the smears that had been used against me with links to those posts. My post would get pulled, but not the posts which smeared me.

c

Author: JDCRex Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546795 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 7:00 PM

No - as I said, it's capricious. Sometimes it happens to a lefty, sometimes to a righty. I've had plenty of posts pulled that were much more tepid than others that have stood untouched.

And once again - it's a reactive system. They respond to posts reported. If a post doesn't get reported then it doesn't get yanked.

Author: TellsTheTruth Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546809 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 7:44 PM
Good point. Look at what conservative governments in California, Illinois, and Michigan have done when left unchecked.

No need to look. You can't just wreck part of the country.

Author: TellsTheTruth Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546813 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 7:55 PM

Censorship rarely makes sense. I suspect it depends on who happens to see the alert...and what they had for breakfast that day!

A Liberal Atheist calling a Conservative Theist “emotionally stunted” is OK. A Conservative Theist saying that a Liberal Atheist is acting in an “emotional way” is BAD.

Here's a thought: don't call names and you won't get pulled.

(Yes, I know. Easier said than done.)

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546814 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 7:59 PM
looks like we got a doppel whacking off in here, all you have to do is follow their posts and see they've been stepping in horse manure and stink to high heaven!

Author: TellsTheTruth Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546817 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 8:09 PM
looks like we got a doppel whacking off in here, all you have to do is follow their posts and see they've been stepping in horse manure and stink to high heaven!

Typical Wingnut. Loses the argument, out come the insults.

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546836 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/29/2010 9:33 PM

Censorship rarely makes sense. I suspect it depends on who happens to see the alert...and what they had for breakfast that day!

Here's a thought: don't call names and you won't get pulled.

(Yes, I know. Easier said than done.)

In this case, the post containing name-calling was by the liberal. And did not get pulled.

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 547077 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/30/2010 7:46 PM
Heh. So says the person who has doppeled this placed for years - doing things like gate-crashing on memorial threads for a pet - and sends filth-laden emails when called out on it.

That is an example of good standards, is it?

I haven't gotten a filth-laden email in recent memory, i have so little.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 547091 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/30/2010 8:14 PM
I haven't gotten a filth-laden email in recent memory, i have so little.
andrew

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

well you might after this post andrew! you should post that on the PA board....oh, your ears and eyes would burn. :)

Author: TellsTheTruth Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 547113 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/30/2010 9:27 PM
In this case, the post containing name-calling was by the liberal. And did not get pulled.

"Emotionally Stunted" is hardly over the top.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 547115 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/30/2010 9:38 PM
------------------
A new doppel, just in time for the new year. Isn't that nice.

arrete

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 547160 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/31/2010 10:17 AM
------------------

arrete
------------------
I think it's goofyhoofy. He admitted over at the Improve The Fool board he has other Motley Fool accounts, and the last time i caught him using a doppel it was a phrase just like TellsTheTruth. Hopefully he'll sign the end of his post goofyhoofy soon so we can get to the bottom of it, either that or mention Hoover Dam or Paraguay or something.

Author: TellsTheTruth Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 547291 of 756499
Subject: Re: Another low in TMF double standard of censor Date: 12/31/2010 6:29 PM

Yes, it is. I welcome wingnut name-calling. I just makes you look stupider.

Just out of curiosity, just who am I a doppel of?

Regards, TTT.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (38) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement