Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 52509  
Subject: Another No-Hitter Date: 9/29/2012 12:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
The 7th of the season, tying the modern ball era record set in 1990 and 1991; there were 8 no-hitters in 1884.

Homer Bailey (gotta love that name!) pitched the 15th no-hitter in Reds history last night, walking only one and striking out 10. One other batter reached on an error.

ESPN picked the game up in the 9th inning so I got to see the final 3 outs.

This guy owns PNC Park (and the Pirates) as he has pitched 6 games there, gone 5-0 with an ERA of 1.19. Interestingly, all 4 of his complete games and both of his shutouts have come against the Pirates.

Christina
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AOLFoolman100 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47710 of 52509
Subject: Re: Another No-Hitter Date: 9/29/2012 2:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The ball must have been manufactured with an iron core this year. Need to audit Rawlings.

Author: ziggy29 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47746 of 52509
Subject: Re: Another No-Hitter Date: 10/1/2012 3:12 PM
Recommendations: 1
>> This guy owns PNC Park (and the Pirates) <<

Everyone has owned the Pirates recently. Just when it seemed almost certain that the Bucs would get their first winning record since 1992, they remembered who they were and started playing worse than the 1962 Mets.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement