Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Another option is transferring the account to a brokerage like Sharebuilder. This is good for small accounts - I had my Roths there until I outgrew it. I currently have my ESAs there. They have some No-Transaction Fee mutual funds with low minimums (some at $250) you can get a fairly diversified portfolio for very little cost. They used to charge an annual fee but i don't believe they do that anymore

Unfortunately WF will probably charge you a transfer fee.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.