Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58722  
Subject: Another reason not to have a cheat day Date: 10/24/2012 2:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Saw a lecture by Dr. Mark Stengler on PBS this morning in which he said something profound--we tend to crave today what we ate yesterday. I thought this has strong implications for why a cheat 'day' can so easily become a 'cheat week'. I attributed these types of 'follow-up cravings' as the result of sugar's addictive nature, but apparently there is more to it. The same phenomenon (of craving what we ate the previous day) works with healthy foods as well. I've notice this in my own eating patterns. So we can make it work for us.

So the next time you're about to eat those snack-sized candy bars, remind yourself that eating them today will make you want them again tomorrow.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57346 of 58722
Subject: Re: Another reason not to have a cheat day Date: 10/24/2012 6:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
So the next time you're about to eat those snack-sized candy bars, remind yourself that eating them today will make you want them again tomorrow.

But they won't be there tomorrow.

Halloween candy was bought yesterday, and won't be opened before Halloween. November 1st the remainder go in the break room at work.

Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57347 of 58722
Subject: Re: Another reason not to have a cheat day Date: 10/25/2012 10:03 AM
Recommendations: 0
Halloween candy was bought yesterday, and won't be opened before Halloween. November 1st the remainder go in the break room at work

Good plan. I am doing similar.

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57348 of 58722
Subject: Re: Another reason not to have a cheat day Date: 10/25/2012 10:27 AM
Recommendations: 0
We'll pick up a small bag to hand out to what few kids are in the neighborhood. We have new neighbors with a 3-4 yr oldish kid. Always be prepared. Any extra will be sent to school the nexzt day with DS. He can hand it out and be the favorite friend that day ;0)

LWW

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57351 of 58722
Subject: Re: Another reason not to have a cheat day Date: 10/25/2012 1:52 PM
Recommendations: 1
November 1st the remainder go in the break room at work.

Slightly trickier when one is working from home, the break room IS the kitchen...

I will be (weather permitting) sitting on the porch, candying up kids and offering a glass of Dracula's Blood Pinot Noir to parents

It is a small town and we can do that here, i used to get beers handed to me when i went Trick or treating with the elf.

peace & candy
t

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement