No. of Recommendations: 0
My understanding is that to convert an IRA to a roth, you must make less than $100,000 as either a single or a married couple. (It seems unfair to the couple since the income level is raised for a couple to donate.)
If this is true, my question is: what happens if a single man and a single woman who qualified to roll over into a Roth get married this year? Combined, they make more than 100K. It is also my understanding that they cannot file as married-filing single. Or is that just for contributing?
Thanks in advance for answers!
Print the post  


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.