UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: footchester Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 151  
Subject: another screen utility Date: 2/12/2011 3:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I can't be the first to stumble across this, but i haven't seen it mentioned around here. The Reuters site has a very simple screen, with one very positive attribute - it includes a very large number of international stocks in its database.

http://stockscreener.us.reuters.com/Stock/US/Index?quickscre...

Very limited in some ways, but the database turns up stocks I've never found elsewhere, and that is what I'm looking for.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: nilesgold Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117 of 151
Subject: Re: another screen utility Date: 2/12/2011 4:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I like the Finviz.com screener myself. But the one thing I can't seem to find on any screener is enterprise value/EDITDA.

Author: footchester Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118 of 151
Subject: Re: another screen utility Date: 2/12/2011 5:10 PM
yeah, that one looks very comprehensive, probably the most extensive list of selection variables I have found.

the reuters screener offers only the most basic selection criteria; my interest in it is based strictly on its access to stocks I have found nowhere else. 10 thousand USA stocks and 35 thousand international stocks.

(we can always learn more about companies on our own, my main goal with a screener is to find companies in the first place.)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement