Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Another thing I realized is that your preparer should not have e-filed before you received a draft. There is a form 8453 you need to sign and return to the preparer before they can efile, unless you did the self select pin option, otherwise its like they are mailing in a paper return that you didn't sign.

If this is the case, then he does not need to amend the return (which would justify a higher fee) but simply correct the numbers in his software.

If he DID e-file the return without your signiture, or before you saw a draft copy, then you need to find a new preparer, and should consider filing a report with his oversight board (since he's not a CPA, im not sure who that would be)

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.