Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for all the great tax advice. I really appreciate it through all the changes in my own tax situation. However, here a situation that I haven't seen addressed.

I volunteer for a group that offers online classes. We request a W9 for all instructors, incase the class generates enough income to need a 1099 (pay is per student).

Now we have a US citizen who lives in Canada and pays Canadian taxes, not US taxes. Do we need the W9 or the Canadian tax form?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.