Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Any advice to sheltering a large lump-sum of cash to be received after Jan 1, 2000?


If you speak of sheltering from taxes you may want to consider some sort of municipal bond .


a tax sheltered annuity.....

(I cant believe I suggested that)


Common stocks on a long term buy and hold basis - you at least are in control of the timing of any tax implications on common stocks.

All of the above suggestions need to be weighed and balanced in some sort of financial plan that will meet your overall goals and desires and at the same time match your tolerance for RISK.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.