Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: gliberty Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 71  
Subject: Any insight? Date: 5/16/2005 12:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have owned a few shares of LCI for awhile. Their most recent earnings report and writeoff were quite a surprise. Am trying to figure out how bad of shape they are in. Several months ago they hired a new CFO who seems to have great credentials.

Sales are down, earnings are down, their pipeline of new products is questionable, they made a major mistake last year in agreement with a supplier, they have invested heavily in new facilities and new enterprise system software. Am hoping the worst is behind and that they have cleaned up the books and are ready to move forward.

Any other thoughts. I haven't sold yet, although I have thought about it.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jhw888 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 66 of 71
Subject: Re: Any insight? Date: 5/16/2005 2:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I too have owned LCI for awhile. Unfortunately they have just been sinking lower & lower. As I've watched it go down I have thought often of selling but at the current very low price I'm more inclined to just see what happens. I have even thought of buying a bit more but there is so little news on LCI that I haven't done so.

Am hoping the bad news is behind LCI too but generics are having a tough time as are many pharmas. Perhaps there will be some consolidation among generics & LCI will be acquired - a real bargin at this price however not good for shareholder who purchased in the teens though.

I'll just wait awhile longer. As I don't have many shares, selling at this price wouldn't yeild much.

Author: gliberty Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 67 of 71
Subject: Re: Any insight? Date: 1/14/2006 11:06 PM
I've been in an out of LCI, then got back in when it got down near $3 a share. Its done good since then.

Basically it appears they made some mistakes and paid the price. Since then, they have a new CFO, a new board member, a few new approvals, and a new ERP system that may facilitate even more and quicker approvals.

I think the new approvals will provide most growth in financial results. It seems they are on the right track, hopefully they will continue.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement