Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: kimisan Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 466  
Subject: Any News? Date: 2/12/1998 11:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I've been looking for any news on this company. It seems that no one is following this company that has great earnings and forecasts.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rcstimac Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63 of 466
Subject: Re: Any News? Date: 2/24/1998 5:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I am pleased with this company in general. Bought recently at 18 after watching it for 2-3 months. I posted a previous message (about 2-3 months) ago detailing some research I had done. I called Marriott hotel managers in the St. Louis area and had them rank XETA. Out of 7 managers, the average was 8 (with 10 being the best). I also called the account manager at Marriott who called Marriott's relationship with XETA to be "excellent," and did not see any reason for that to change. I do not own Marriott, but I did look at their recent reports, and they are spinning off two companies, thus lowering L/T debt by 2/3's. So, Marriott's 1998 looks good, which means XETA's 1998 looks good too. One has to dig for info on these small companies, but that's the only way to beat the Street. With companies like Lucent trading at 145 P/E ratios, the only good buys are the ones the professionals overlook. Good luck!

Author: hoponpop Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64 of 466
Subject: Re: Any News? Date: 2/24/1998 8:10 PM
After seeing the recent earnings, I bailed out over concerns about their revenues. Unless I misread the numbers, their revenues are less than they were last quarter, which was pretty flat compared to the quarter before that. Is anyone concerned about the lack of revenue growth, or is this just a seasonal thing?

hoponpop

Author: mprincipe Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65 of 466
Subject: Re: Any News? Date: 2/25/1998 10:14 AM
I noticed that myself. Their net profit has been steadily decreasing while sales in increasing.

Also notice the previous message about R&D funding decreasing. That bothers me too.

I want to get in because it's a good company and it's going to split soon, but it would not be for the long term.

Author: MasterPo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 66 of 466
Subject: Re: Any News? Date: 2/26/1998 8:44 PM
<<I want to get in because it's a good company and it's going to split soon, but it would not be for the
long term.>>

Why do you think it's going to split anytime soon? Today (2/26) it closed at about 22.

Author: mprincipe Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 67 of 466
Subject: Re: Any News? Date: 2/26/1998 10:15 PM
A motion was made by the board to split the stock. It seems about right considering it's growth.

Author: MRY Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69 of 466
Subject: Re: Any News? Date: 3/8/1998 1:05 AM
When is the stock suppose to split?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement