Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: StarWarriorRie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3721  
Subject: Re: Daycare issue Date: 4/1/2002 7:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 12
Any pagan parents out there?

I am not a parent...however I have absoultely no doubts about how I would react whether the daycare was teaching my child about pagan religions, christian religions, jewish religion, islam or a myriad of any others. I would take my child out of the school. (Unless, I had purposely placed my child in that type of an environment.)

she's curious about religion.

I have no answer for this...each to their own I say. However I will relay a story told to me by a friend of mine back when we were teenagers.

My friend is English...from England born and raised until she was 12 and this is her story told to me when I was 19 and she was 17.

Her parents made a decision not to raise their children in any religion. When Jane started school she started hearing about God and Christians and Jews and other religions. One day Jane came home from and asked her parents why they didn't take her to church and why she didn't know Jesus.

For an answer her father took her for a long drive and they stopped by a wooded glen. Jane remembers her dad holding her hand and walking for awhile until they couldn't hear the noises of mankind or see any buildings. He sat down in the field and told her to listen. He then told her that she was listening to the sounds of nature. Whatever God there was had created this and all of the creatures of Earth, including Humans. He told her that it was all the God he and her mom had chosen to pay attention to.

He said a lot of people won't understand what I mean and if you try and talk about it they won't understand what you are saying. You might not understand it. But when you want to talk to the Creator of humans or any one that has died all you need is to surround yourself with nature and speak what's in your heart. When you are older you'll understand what I am saying and if you chose to worship in a building made by humans you can, but don't do it because it's what others want you to do.

She was six and had no idea what he meant, but she felt something that day that she had never felt and as she grew she often thought of that day. She never talked much about God and Jesus and all to anyone, but every now and then her dad would take her to the country and they would commune (My word not theirs) with nature. She always thanked people of any religion for thinking of her and praying if they did and went on her way. Told them when asked if she'd been saved that she was close to the Creator thanks for asking. She'd change the subject or close the door on the people trying to preach to her. For some reason this changed when she met me. We'd often talk about various religions, highpoints and lowpoints of them and why some were good and some may not be. Mostly she talked about that day with her dad and how profoundly it effected her. She used to say she intended to raise her children in the same way.

I lost track of her when she had two girls...I hope she taught them the way her dad taught her. I always thought it was a beautiful way to show the Creator.

Do what feels right in your heart for your daughter...

StarWarrior-Rie

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Activist Investors Unlocking Value at LSB Industries?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement