Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wolfienola Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 558  
Subject: Any thoughts? Date: 4/21/2006 1:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I noticed some of you had been following this stock last year (for a nice profit, it would seem!). Like TwinDelta, I saw this stock on an Magic Formula screen and, looking further, read this press release in early April:

"The employment agreements for Jack Friedman, our Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and Stephen Berman, our President and Chief Operating Officer, provide, inter alia, that for each fiscal year between 2005 through 2010, their respective bonuses will depend on our achieving certain earnings per share growth targets..."

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/060404/jakk8-k.html

Unless they grow EPS by at least 20%, they don't get ANY bonus. After that it rises pretty substantially. (300% o fsalary for a 30% growth in EPS). This seems shareholder friendly. Of course, yesterday they announced a significant drop in Quarterly earnings, so hopefully this new incentive plan will kick in. I have not bought JAKK yet, but i am interested.

Maggy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TwinDeltaTandem Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 552 of 558
Subject: Re: Any thoughts? Date: 4/21/2006 2:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Maggy, the stocks definitely paying for the earnings announcement. Seems to me like an over-correction, but we'll see. These (MFI) stocks, at least many of the, tend to be a pretty wild ride. It's still slightly above where I bought it, and the financials still appear to be very strong. However, it looks like it could finish the day at or below the 50-day moving average. Who knows--I could see it trading anywhere between 16 and 35 over the next year.

Author: wolfienola Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 553 of 558
Subject: Re: Any thoughts? Date: 4/21/2006 3:11 PM
Thnaks. It's looking like an opportunity to me.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement