UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Rael137 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 49409  
Subject: Re: Interesting phone screen situation Date: 9/13/2012 12:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Any thoughts on how I should handle the call tomorrow?On one hand, I could ignore what happened today and suggest that it's a non-issue from my perspective if she brings it up.

That's probably the best option. I don't think you gain anything by pushing it. Either it will appear you are rubbing her nose in a mistake or (if it was careless/intentional) generating something that could be spun negatively in the interview feedback.

I could also do a bit of probing to better understand her motivations, which might be useful anyway if I were to end up at the company.

Sussing out someone's motivation is a chancy prospect. One thing you could do is try to see what sort of culture of blame they have. Like if this is a place where a small mistake gets stomped on, then you could make a point that you don't work that way (unless you do - then you may fit in).

If you get thru the phone screen then you will have an opportunity to meet more people and perhaps interview with this manager face-to-face. Keep in mind that whether she is an internal candidate or not, the company trusts her to represent them in screening for this position.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement