Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
So I'm an older student (getting my post bacc while working full time).

In previous years I've been able to claim lifetime learning tax credit and tuition (student loan) interest deductions. I changed jobs and am making significantly more than I was before. When I did my taxes for 2007 I discovered that I no longer qualify for the LL thingy and I'm not eligible for tution related deductions. Is there anything else I can do?

(one of my classes was work related- and no my job doesn't offer tution reimbursement) I think I'm allowed to claim that as a job related expense but am not sure. Is that all that i can qualify for?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.