UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (26) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: wecoguy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12878  
Subject: Re: Prop 32 Date: 9/21/2012 11:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Any Union is only as good as it's Membership, in fact they are the Union.. Unless you are involved, work for the goals, you are shooting yourself in the foot.. Don't like the game, walk away, don't accept all those silly benefits, pensions, decent wages..

As a Conservative, you have too many strikes against you in any group, i bet, unless you were willing to work with, for the Membership, you are just opposing everything they try to do, hardly a healthy situation for either side..

If you don't see the reality of tight City/County/State Budgets, and still have grand expectations of the CTA, you are dreaming, I have no hand in that game, but I can imagine it's a thankless, tough game they are trying to sort out...

Myself, I had 45 years of good relations within Unions, the I.A. of M. way back, CWA, for the last 40, active from day one, some great people, families, all over the West, including Hawaii.. One run out to the Marshall Islands in '67 demonstrated what happens as soon as we left the Bargaining unit...Management tried screwing all the guys out of a dozen items, so we had to round up, create our own "union" out there, force them to straighten up.. Won it, many thousands came in from back pay, etc.. And they stopped the gaming because they knew they'd be busted.. As a steward, helping out the guys in all sorts of situations was standard procedure, solve it locally if possible, run it up as needed...

I'll post a Thom Hartman link in a sec... Makes a lot of sense...

weco
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (26) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Brookfield Asset Management
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement