Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: foolliss Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 182  
Subject: anyone around? Date: 2/25/2004 3:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone still renting?

I'm going through the leasing process for the first time in a looong time (okay, okay, I've been paying rent to my parents since I graduated college) and to complicate things further, I'm going through the Texas leasing process while I'm living in Virginia.

I guess this is part-rant and part-question - is it normal for a complex to take 3 days to process a rental application and let you know it was approved? is it normal to be told to just call the complex "a few days" before I'm back in town so they can prepare the paperwork and for them to not tell me what all I need to bring with me to sign the paper work and what all I'll be paying for that day? is it reasonable to review and sign a lease and move-in to an apartment in one day?

I am getting quite irritated with the management at the complex because everytime I talk to this woman, she acts like I'm keeping her from Very Important Things and she told me that she would process my application on Thursday AM and call me to tell me if it was approved or not, and it took her till the very, very last minute of her Saturday hours to finally call me. The leasing agents were very pleasant to deal with, they were understanding that I was 1, from out of town and 2, hadn't been through a rental process in a long time. The manager, I think, lost all patience with me when I called to confirm that my fax had arrived and mentioned being nervous because it had been a long time since I gone through a rental process.

Today I got called at work and on my cell phone this afternoon from one of the leasing agents. I dread calling down there now because of how the manager has behaved. I have no idea what she would be calling me about. The application has been approved, I can't sign anything else till I get down there. Perhaps it is finally dawning on them that I hadn't paid a rental application fee? Perhaps they gave away my apartment to someone else? Oh, I hope so.

Monday, I wrote a three-page letter to the property management company who owns the complex to complain about the manager I've been dealing with. I haven't sent it, don't know that I will. The venting was nice though.

liss
needs a remedial renting review
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mylan Transitioning from Generics
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement