Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AshburnMark Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59  
Subject: Anyone dollar cost averaging? Date: 1/11/2005 4:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
So the Fool's Mr. Zimmerman thinks I'm wrong in dollar cost averaging this ETF, am I alone in doing this? I use Sharebuilder so that costs me $4/month on a $100 investment. How would I be better off doing the same thing with a regular stock?

Mark
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Fool2Believe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 54 of 59
Subject: Re: Anyone dollar cost averaging? Date: 1/11/2005 5:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
My personal opinion would be that you're not wrong in doing it. I plan on doing it too. But, I think you should accumulate more $ before making a buy. $4 on $100 is 4%.... That's way too high for me. I prefer to keep at 1% or lower. I plan on saving up $1000 in ING before transferring it to SB and making the DVY purchases.

Regards,
Mike

Author: KPC001 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 55 of 59
Subject: Re: Anyone dollar cost averaging? Date: 7/6/2005 9:02 PM
I don't know why anyone would think it is a problem. Same as DCA for a mutual fund. Watch the fees at Sharebuilder, though. I agree with the previous post. 4% on 100 is a bit steep.

Author: WhyBeI One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56 of 59
Subject: Re: Anyone dollar cost averaging? Date: 4/3/2006 12:47 AM
Watch the fees at Sharebuilder, though.

I agree. I actually fled away from Sharebuilder because of the fees.
Do you realize that it cost $15 to sell? I had about 40 stocks/ETFs, and it was better to movet the account rather then seel three of them.

Author: hejustlaughs One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57 of 59
Subject: Re: Anyone dollar cost averaging? Date: 5/30/2007 8:01 PM
" Watch the fees at Sharebuilder, though.

I agree. I actually fled away from Sharebuilder because of the fees.
Do you realize that it cost $15 to sell? I had about 40 stocks/ETFs, and it was better to movet the account rather then seel three of them."

What other broker lets you easily reinvest dividends, even with partial shares?

Author: NozRydr Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58 of 59
Subject: Re: Anyone dollar cost averaging? Date: 5/30/2007 8:59 PM
"What other broker lets you easily reinvest dividends, even with partial shares? "

Etrade DRIPS for me on DVY. No fees.

Author: TennIIFool Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 59 of 59
Subject: Re: Anyone dollar cost averaging? Date: 5/31/2007 2:39 AM
Charles Schwab and Fidelity have no brokerage fees for DRIPing ETFs.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement