Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Sawman Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8  
Subject: Anyone else follow UAM? Date: 11/23/1997 3:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Am I the only one on this site who owns UAM? If not, please advise ............... this could look scarey if I decided to sell !? No one else seems interested in it ?! :-)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Dripster Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 8
Subject: Re: Anyone else follow UAM? Date: 11/24/1997 1:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
To Sawman:

I am considering buying shares in UAM. Randy Befumo's Evening News article on October 31, 1997 said that the stock is valued at 1.25% of assets under management, compared to 2.0% or more for other asset management companies. The stock is a holding of the Yacktman Fund. The company has a home page at www.uam.com. UAM's philosophy is just like Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway: UAM buys other companies, letting the management of these companies stay on board. The acquired companies keep their autonomy. UAM has strong operating cash flows which are used to buy more companies and to buy back shares. UAM went public in 1986 with $13 Billion in assets under management. In 1996 they had $175 Billion assets under management (annual compound rate of growth of 20% in assets under management, 22% in revenues, 24% in net income, 25% in operating cash flow, 19% in earnings per share).

-The Dripster.

Author: Sawman Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 8
Subject: Re: Anyone else follow UAM? Date: 11/25/1997 8:41 PM
To Dripster
Thanks for the reply! I had posted on this folder last August, and no one ever responded! With the change in the site, my original post disappeared.............Glad to know someone else out there is at least following this stock. I don't own a lot of it, but it's enough that I want to keep up to date! Thanks again, and keep an eye on UAM!

Author: Julefool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 8
Subject: Re: Anyone else follow UAM? Date: 1/7/1998 11:29 PM
This stock was rec on Fool's audio this week. More interest should follow. Hope TMF has some info on the insider trading issue.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement