Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: justhefax One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 80  
Subject: Anyone else getting solid candlesticks on gains? Date: 3/21/2002 10:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is anyone else experiencing within the last ten days a few candlestick errors, i.e., solid candlesticks on gains, and clear candlesticks on losses?

It is not pervasive through the system, but there are enough errors so that I switched from candlestick to bar price charts.

I have not called TC2000 yet as their tech support line costs money. I was working on checking my system first. But I subscribe to RealMoney.com, where Gary B. Smith writes a TA column, and I noticed the same error in one of his charts.

Please check COMPQX for March 12. I have a clear candlestick -32.37.

Anyone else have this?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: justhefax One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72 of 80
Subject: Re: Anyone else getting solid candlesticks on ga Date: 3/21/2002 1:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Never mind (sheepish grin).

I forgot/never realized that price change is calculated from the previous day's close, and candlesticks are calculated in relation to the day's opening price.

Author: carlo1 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 73 of 80
Subject: Re: Anyone else getting solid candlesticks on ga Date: 3/25/2002 4:27 AM
Never mind (sheepish grin).

When I started using TC2000, I got caught out with that too, I bet many other people do as well.

Nev

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement