Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LTDEBT Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 73  
Subject: Anyone Here? Date: 6/27/2000 11:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am surprised there is very little talk about KCP. I see this stock as an extremely attractive long term company with unbelievable upside.
Yes, the retail industry has suffered somewhat this year, but, this is a company that will come out ahead.
People always need shoes, Kenneth Cole has some of the best priced, quality shoes around. Their expansion into the clotihng areas has been quite succesful too.
Once they get the marketing/advertsing on course this is a company that is going to be a leader in the clotihng industry for a long time!
The finacials of this company are quite impressive. Their ROE is over 25% and they have 0 long-term debt, just to name a couple things.
I could go on raving about this company, but what I would really like is to get some interaction going in here.
Anyone up for that?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: espi09 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38 of 73
Subject: Re: Anyone Here? Date: 6/30/2000 2:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I am surprised there is very little talk about KCP. I see this stock as an extremely attractive long term company with unbelievable upside.

LTDEBT-

Agreed that the long term prospects for KCP look excellent. In spite of a downturn in retail in general it looks as if the company will be strong. Their numbers for the last several years are indisputable. Keeping my fingers crossed that they hold up as the economy 'slows'. I bought in at $40 after much DD. Had to have guts to hang on through the 20% drop over the last few months, but now back on the move and feeling rewarded for patience. Keep watching.

Author: Luminary One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39 of 73
Subject: Re: Anyone Here? Date: 6/30/2000 3:18 PM
I'm here too and went through that lovely downturn... Along with all my other holdings, but they are recovering now...

Nice jump today. Up >5% as I write this. That's probably a result of my wife's shopping spree so maybe I actually lost money today... I'll have to do the math.

I too am surprised that there isn't a lot of press on this stock in the Foolboards. We'll have to work on that. Has anyone ckecked the Bloomberg or Yahoo boards for any activity? Perhaps there is some good info out there we can share. I'll start looking.

Fool on!!!

Author: JeffFaria Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 51 of 73
Subject: Re: Anyone Here? Date: 8/3/2000 12:53 AM
I saw a blurb in IBD mentioning Ken Cole. Have been reading about his line's expansion in the Wall Street Journal, and I have bought his clothes and shoes (I like the clothes a great deal, and more consistently than I like the shoes). But liking the guy's clothes and advertising style doesn't necessarily translate into a profitable investment. Frankly, the chart makes me nervous - looks mercurial and all over the place (although I realize the overall thrust is upwards, and I know beyond the chart, the company's expansion is doing well). If anyone is expert about Ken Cole and/or the fashion biz and cares to correspond with me, I am eager to find out more. (I *do* know some things about other investment areas, perhaps we could share information.)

-Jeff

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement