UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: redsox2005 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 461  
Subject: Anyone out there Date: 3/2/2005 10:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
First post - anyone out there?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: BklynBorn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 437 of 461
Subject: Re: Anyone out there Date: 3/2/2005 10:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
YEs yes yes!! Been waiting for you. As you can see, the traffic here is somehwat um, sporadic, of late.

Welcome! I"ve been hanging around other boards nd I look here every day to see if anyone has re-appeared. I'm sober for a long time and would love to have someone to correspoond with.

Gotta run now.... Howsabout tell me (us) who are you? If you feel like it...after all you don't know us!! I'm sure there will be plenty of other conversation if not.

Keep coming back!
BklynBorn

Author: gapfan Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 438 of 461
Subject: Re: Anyone out there Date: 3/2/2005 2:42 PM
Yes, some of us are here every day. Please feel free to share both experiences and problems. Some of us have been through such things, and may or may not be able to help. But we cannot help unless asked.

On the topic of "We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace" one of our members shared that his "problems" were pretty "high class" now. Where he used to have problems with if he could find his car, it is now that his BMW got a scratch. Still has daily problems and frustrations, but in a completely different category than when he was drinking. I appreciated that comparison.

Gapfan

Author: thomasr0 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 440 of 461
Subject: Re: Anyone out there Date: 3/2/2005 5:55 PM
Gapfan, Glad you joined in this discussion string. I wanted to thank you for your analogy a few month's back about "Previews of Coming Attractions" for those who have not yet experienced really low bottoms. It has fostered a lot of discussion at meetings and helped quite a few who were struggling with "sober denial" Thanks for the story,Tom

Author: yeilBagheera Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 443 of 461
Subject: Re: Anyone out there Date: 3/15/2005 1:16 AM
Side bar here -
BrooklynBorn -
I did try to write you email off the boards, BUT the mailbox is full

Are you avoiding me?
YeilB

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement