Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Anyone who can verify that 5498-ESA is what I should be getting, and where I can locate the 2003 instructions & form?

No, but I can tell you not to worry about it. You don't report 529 or Coverdell activity unless there's a distribution, so you don't need anything else to file your return. Whoever told you to expect a 1099-R should learn how to say, "Consult your tax advisor."

As long as all your contributions have been properly accounted for don't worry about the 5498's. You don't need them; the IRS does.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.