Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: gammil Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 203948  
Subject: Re: AAPL Cancel?-XLR8 Dead-Ellen's Star-Yur Own Date: 8/11/2002 3:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Anyone with a WSJ subscrition wanna give us the scoop (I don't have one)?
Apple Computer May Cancel Supply Order If Levels Not Met" WSJ.com [Paid Membership Required]

Not me but I suspect it can be found in the following link I posted :

"Apple 10-Q SEC Filing " thread.

http://www.edgar-online.com/bin/cobrand/finSys_main.asp?formfilename=0000912057-02-030796&x=19&y=7

Page 7

<<<Inventory Prepayment

In April 2002, the Company made a $100 million prepayment to an Asian supplier for the purchase of components over the following nine months. In return for this deposit, the supplier agreed to supply the Company with a specified level of components in the three consecutive fiscal quarters ending December 28, 2002. If the supplier fails to supply the agreed upon level of components in any of those three fiscal quarters, the Company may cancel the arrangement and receive the amount of the prepayment not utilized plus a penalty. Approximately $83 million of this deposit remained unused as of June 29, 2002, and is reflected in the condensed consolidated balance sheets in other current assets. The amount of the prepayment not utilized by the Company on or before December 31, 2002, is refundable to the Company by January 31, 2003.

Although the supplier's existing debt is unrated, its public debt pricing is consistent with other BBB rated companies. The deposit is unsecured and has no stated interest component. The Company is imputing an amount to cost of sales and interest income during each period the deposit is outstanding at an appropriate market interest rate to reflect the economics of this transaction. In light

------------------------------------------------------------------------

of the supplier's implied debt rating and because the Company's prepayment is unsecured, non-performance by and/or economic deterioration of the supplier could place all or some of the Company's deposit at risk. >>

gammil
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Implications of the Ballad of Ted Plotz
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement