No. of Recommendations: 2
Anyway, there is a book out that details how practically anyone in the US can become a millionaire by just doing these 3 three things:

1. Fully fund your 401k & invest it in S&P 500 index fund.
2. Buy used cars only.
3. Buy a house and stay in it for a long time.

That's all it takes!

Hmmmm...
I'm new here. Took the quiz. I answered the questions as accuratly as I could according to how I am living my life right now. While taking the quiz, I said to my self, "I'll sure never get the the millionaire rating". Also while taking the quiz, I guessed that if I had answered the questions according to my life 10 to 14 years ago I would have had a better chance. That was when I was working those long, LONG hours going full bore into my work. Then I took about 8 years off and had a most adventurous time. Really is a great story but outside the scope of this posting.
Well surprise, surprise, surprise, I got the Millionaire rating. Never would have expected to. Also, I really doubt that it will actually happen (because of the eight years off). But I (now) do all three of the things that dr.nonlinear listed. Do you think there is hope for me? To retire early or reach the millionaire club? I doubt it. Those aren't really my number 1 and 2 goals these days anyway. Trying to leave work on time to get home to play with my pair of two year olds is tops on my goal sheet right now.

Later days.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement