UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wjb604 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 265735  
Subject: apple Date: 10/10/2012 6:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am very long apple and would like to know if I should pull back.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259468 of 265735
Subject: Re: apple Date: 10/10/2012 9:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Once earnings come in (usually exceeding expectation) Apple will probably run again. But until then people are cautious.

For the faithful and confident, it can be a buy opportunity.

Apple earnings are due Oct 25.

Execs are in a quiet period while the numbers are collected. So this is the time for freakish worry rumors to fill the media space. There is nothing else to talk about and Apple cannot respond.

If a large portion of your assets--say more than 20%--is in Apple stock, it might be time to take some off the table for diversification. But most of us believe Apple still has great products and room to grow. So most would keep a significant position in Apple.

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259520 of 265735
Subject: Re: apple Date: 10/21/2012 5:51 AM
I am very long apple and would like to know if I should pull back. - wjb604 | Date: 10/10/2012 6:08:04 PM | Number: 259519

The purpose of this message board is NOT to give individual investment advice on individual stocks to specific individuals.

I would suggest that you go find the very active Apple, Free discussion board at TMF. I do believe that apple is a recommendation of several premium, paid Investment Services. Such as the Million dollar Portfolio <Very, very Expensive about $1K per year>.

I have owned Apple for about five years. I first bought Apple shares at $10 1/4, the stock eventually split two shares for one share reducing my portfolio cost to $5.125 per share. I have absolutely no concerns that apple is likely to EVER sell again for less than my cost per share for 1,700 shares in a tax-differed account.

If you are worried about your Apple position then that to means that you may hold too many shares. I NEVER worry about any investment that I make because I do the Homework and analysis very carefully before I ever even consider buying the stock.

Kahuna, CFA
Investment Professional
1974 - Present

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement