UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 465026  
Subject: Apple and Samsung on wearable computers Date: 7/10/2013 5:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Samsung confirms it is 'investing heavily' in wearable computers to take on Google Glass and Apple's rumoured iWatch

Samsung's bosses recently admitted the firm was developing a smartwatch and putting it on sale before Apple's iWatch would be key to its success.

Samsung said it is working on wearable computers but did not confirm the existence of its rumoured watch

Apple and Samsung are believed to be preparing products to go on sale within months

Watches will link to an owner's mobile phone and offer email and app downloads

‘It will monitor your health, connect to the cloud, identify you, pay for things and replace credit cards.’

The firm is currently believed to be developing a range of wearable computers, including a watch.

‘In three or four years, the number of people wearing computers will increase dramatically,’ Mr Sogn said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2358924/Samsu...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 428420 of 465026
Subject: Re: Apple and Samsung on wearable computers Date: 7/10/2013 9:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Samsung confirms it is 'investing heavily' in wearable computers to take on Google Glass and Apple's rumoured iWatch

Samsung's bosses recently admitted the firm was developing a smartwatch and putting it on sale before Apple's iWatch would be key to its success.

Last summer I read the rumors about the iWatch and all the revolutionary capabilities it would have. Then I went to the Verizon store in Missoula MT and verified that a watch-like device I had previously seen hanging on the rack there does (according to the print on the box) everything those rumors claimed the iWatch would do, and supposedly works with any Android phone - which would include those from Samsung.

I haven't kept up to date on the rumors at all, though, so that comment may be sadly out of date.

Also I didn't buy the watch-like device, so I can't confirm from experience that it would actually do what the iWatch rumors of the time claimed.

Author: corbetti Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 428506 of 465026
Subject: Re: Apple and Samsung on wearable computers Date: 7/11/2013 1:58 PM
Recommendations: 0
when the iPod came out there were plenty of mp3 players.

Somehow Apple still managed to be marginally successful with music players.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement