UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFSideshow Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 65295  
Subject: Apple Customer Service upgrade Date: 3/15/2001 10:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Ok,

Am I the only one who thinks that Apple's Customer Service system/database is in DIRE need of an upgrade?

It seems impossible to call and get any kind of order status without an inordinate amount of holding and then the eventual call back.

Picture this:

Apple Customer Service Rep: "Hello, how may I help you"
Me: "Hi I'd like to inquire about the status of my order"
A: "Ok, let me just type in that order number... Hmmm, I'm having some trouble finding the number... Can we try your phone number... hmmm... Arrrghh, I hate this computer!... whoops, not the computer I mean, uh, its the software... Can we call you back?"

No lie, I had a customer service rep say he hated his machine then realize what he said and try to cover. Funny stuff.

I think Apple needs to ramp up their customer service tech to match their product tech. For a company that prides itself on providing a hassle-free computing experiance, the disconnects in their customer service department are disconcerting enough for those comfortable with Apple, let alone those crossing over from the Intel market.

just a thought/rant

Rob
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 0xF00L Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2786 of 65295
Subject: Re: Apple Customer Service upgrade Date: 3/15/2001 11:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
"Ok, let me just type in that order number... Hmmm, I'm having some trouble finding the number... Can we try your phone number... hmmm... Arrrghh, I hate this computer!... whoops, not the computer I mean, uh, its the software... Can we call you back?"

Well it actually does seem more appropriate to
blame the software. Seems like the GUI was not
set up to be very efficient. Changing query
type from order number to phone number did not
seem to be easy from the conversation.

Seems like one field that was smart enough
to understand nnn-nnn-nnnn is a phone number,
and a regular number would be a great improvement
for the customer service software.

0xF00L

Author: trypp1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2792 of 65295
Subject: Re: Apple Customer Service upgrade Date: 3/15/2001 1:58 PM
Recommendations: 1
It is also probbable, though I don't know, that the customer service is out-soursed to another company and using IBM compatibles, using Windows.

Author: FlyingDiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2794 of 65295
Subject: Re: Apple Customer Service upgrade Date: 3/15/2001 2:31 PM
Recommendations: 1
It is also probbable, though I don't know, that the customer service is out-soursed to another company and using IBM compatibles, using Windows.

Nope. The problem is that the customer order info uses SAP, which has an obsolutely horrendous UI for MacOS. I won't say any more about what I really think of SAP.

joe

Author: Steinmr Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2804 of 65295
Subject: Re: Apple Customer Service upgrade Date: 3/15/2001 4:36 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Apple's Customer Service system/database is in DIRE need of an upgrade? TMFSideshow

I have rarely had any ocassion to have to call for Apple support, either for my machines or those at work. I started with the Apple][e, SE, 5200, iMacB, b&w, Pismo. I have never had a single case of rude or incompetent behavior from Apple support in all those years. Every call ended with a satisfactory resolution or status report. NO COMPLAINTS.

Richard

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement