No. of Recommendations: 3
Apple is clearly moving to Gigabyte WiFi. I have the misfortune of being a robbery victim in August which forced me to buy some new equipment. I did get a new Time Capsule.

I can report these are amazingly fast and they reach parts of the house that my mid 2009 AirPort Extreme did not reach.

Tonight I had another issue and ended up doing a complete restore of my entire HD through Time Machine from the TC. 145 GB in 6 hours. Slower than a wire, but faster than I would have expected for WiFi.

The previous generation Airport Express had a limit of 10 WiFi connections. It easy to approach 10 - two iPhones, two iPads, two PCs, two DircTV DVRs are always in use at our house.

I know the Apple hardware is not cheap, but I do like how it works.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement