Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: GeoGoddess Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 166  
Subject: Appreciation/Commendation for Bank Veep Date: 7/19/2007 4:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
The plumber is here fixing my leaky bathroom sink, so I thought I'd take the time to post a letter I recently sent. Feel free to adapt it for your own purposes.

This letter is my expression of gratitude for the recent actions of Bruce Price, Executive Vice President and Chief Trust Officer of Community Bank & Trust. He recently worked with me and my parents and in doing so fulfilled the bank’s mission to “serve beyond expectations” and he realized the bank’s purpose to provide personalized service with professionalism. Please acknowledge and commend him on our behalf.

My aging parents moved to Waco a few years ago and established accounts at your bank. My mother is a worrier and her fears had been increasing lately with my father’s ill health, so I wanted to find some way to relieve her worries. In early June, I sent Mr. Price an email outlining my concerns about my parents’ financial status and outlook and asked him to recommend a fee-based financial consultant or bank employee to meet with them to shed some light on the situation. I told him I was willing to pay for the consultation. Mr. Price promptly responded that he would be happy to meet with her and that he would even go to their home and meet with them at no charge. My mother usually declines offers of assistance, but this time she accepted and Mr. Price spent what sounded like several hours at their home and not only worked with them to clarify their financial situation and outlook, but he also made two new fast friends. In his email to me, he detailed their financial particulars and told me how much he enjoyed the visit. From what he wrote and the praises that my Mom sang when she called me, I can tell that he made a genuine personal connection with them and they are both very happy bank customers and friends. Upon hearing all of that I realized that I didn’t set this up for my mother’s peace of mind, I did it for my own. Oh well, selfish motives often serve unselfish ends.

Again, I am so thankful that Mr. Price went beyond what I expected. I recently posted a message about this experience on The Motley Fool community discussion board dedicated to caring for aging parents and several people responded that I was lucky my parents had such a great bank and good people to count on. I agree. My parents chose wisely when they chose Community Bank & Trust and you chose wisely when you chose Mr. Price as the Chief Trust Officer.

sincerely,
Sara
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Intel's Broadwell Potential
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement