Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: GRAC1E Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 38  
Subject: Aquisition of RPR Date: 12/15/1997 9:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
What will it mean to RP share holders now that RP has acquired RPR?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tridacna Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 38
Subject: Re: Aquisition of RPR Date: 12/19/1997 12:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
RP shareholders are experiencing a transformation of their company from a diversified pharmaceuticals/chemicals/fibers to a purely pharmaceuticals holding. The acquisition gives RP the remaining ~50% of RPR that it didn't already own.

Management has outlined its plans, already being implemented, to concentrate on the higher margin pharmaceuticals business and, in the process, spin off its low margins chemicals and fibers business. The spin off will take place piece-meal, with a partial offering in the first half of '98. As these business segments improve, the remainder will be spun off at a higher price.

In two years time, RP will be entirely a pharmaceuticals firm, and a premier one at that. Consequently, shareholders can expect higher margins and returns on equity.

Author: GRAC1E Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12 of 38
Subject: Re: Aquisition of RPR Date: 1/17/1998 11:22 PM
Does this mean that RP and RPR will eventally merge into one? Be gentle I'm new at this.

Author: vgdg Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13 of 38
Subject: Re: Aquisition of RPR Date: 2/4/1998 10:55 PM
I believe that the merger is definate. One analyst has estimated price of RP to go up dramatically in next year due to additional market coverage that the merger will bring Rhone Polenc. This is an axcellent stock. Hold it long term.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement