UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: flitt Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75402  
Subject: Are all Roth-IRAs equal? Date: 9/28/1998 8:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm considering a Roth-IRA this year. I would like a self directed plan which will allow me to roll a 401K in the future with the lowest lifetime transaction costs.

I'd like to try the dow dividend approach as to limit commissions from trades.

Any pointers?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5716 of 75402
Subject: Re: Are all Roth-IRAs equal? Date: 9/29/1998 9:02 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Greetings, Flitt, and welcome. You asked:

I'm considering a Roth-IRA this year. I would like a self directed plan which will allow me to roll a 401K in the future with the lowest lifetime transaction costs.

I'd like to try the dow dividend approach as to limit commissions from trades.

If you're going to use a Roth IRA to do your own trading and if you want to minimize your costs, then you want to establish a self-directed Roth IRA with a discount broker of your choice. Also, be aware that a 401k cannot be transferred directly to a Roth IRA. It must first go to a traditional IRA, but once there it can be transferred immediately to a Roth. For info on how to find a discounter, check out this link:

http://www.fool.com/media/DiscountBrokerageCenter/DiscountBrokerageCenter.htm

Regards….Pixy

Author: megeranski Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5773 of 75402
Subject: Re: Are all Roth-IRAs equal? Date: 10/2/1998 3:16 AM
Hey, Flitt!

i also recommend heading over to the DIscount Broker board. they've a lot to say on choosing a broker.

-megeranski

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement