Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am English and resident there for tax purposes although I do have a US address and bank account and I understand there is a mutual tax treaty between UK and USA. Question: I would like to invest directly in US mutuals so please does anyone know if I have to pay US estate and capital gain taxes as well as in the UK? Thanks in anticipation, Michael
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.