Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
women out there (within 30 or so radial miles of Tulsa LOL) who are well adjusted and normal. My last two girlfriends started out fine but within two to three months went stark raving mad...I am thinking about leading a monastic lifestyle.
Print the post Back To Top
I'm well adjusted and normal, but nowhere near Tulsa, and not dating anymore either, sorry! The older you get the fewer choices you have, so if you want to date or find a "relationship" of whatever sort, you have to lower your expectations accordingly, IMHO. So the older you get, mid-to-late 30's and above, the more slightly bipolar and imbalanced you have to be willing to put up with to get anywhere past the casual dating stage. So while you're young, 20's, choose wisely who you waste any amount of time with!

Here's how I look at it.....After 30, the best ones are taken. After 40, some, a very few, of the good ones come back on the market b/c they chose wrong to begin with and are now able to get out of bad marriages/relationships b/c the kids are grown. I think the 50's will be similar (Still experiencing the 40's myself!) but maybe with a few more options, and by the 60's more of the good ones will start coming back on the market as their partners start dropping off. After 70, well, why bother, it's only about companionship anyway, to alleviate loneliness and boredom, and who wants to deal with all the health issues of the elderly anyway?

Color me cynical, but good luck!
No. of Recommendations: 2
I'm well adjusted and normal, but nowhere near Tulsa, and not dating anymore either, sorry! The older you get the fewer choices you have, so if you want to date or find a "relationship" of whatever sort, you have to lower your expectations accordingly, IMHO. So the older you get, mid-to-late 30's and above, the more slightly bipolar and imbalanced you have to be willing to put up with to get anywhere past the casual dating stage. So while you're young, 20's, choose wisely who you waste any amount of time with!

Here's how I look at it.....After 30, the best ones are taken. After 40, some, a very few, of the good ones come back on the market b/c they chose wrong to begin with and are now able to get out of bad marriages/relationships b/c the kids are grown. I think the 50's will be similar (Still experiencing the 40's myself!) but maybe with a few more options, and by the 60's more of the good ones will start coming back on the market as their partners start dropping off. After 70, well, why bother, it's only about companionship anyway, to alleviate loneliness and boredom, and who wants to deal with all the health issues of the elderly anyway?

Color me cynical, but good luck!

Maybe for women this is true, but for men the pool of eligible women increases well into our 30s because there are more younger women available. It probably increases into our 40s as well. I'll tell you in 10 years!
Women have the greatest bargaining power when a guy is in his teens and twenties. From that point on, a guy with an income keeps having more opportunities.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Women have the greatest bargaining power when a guy is in his teens and twenties. From that point on, a guy with an income keeps having more opportunities.

Sometimes I feel bad about this, but then I think of the girls my age who wouldn't give me a second look when I was in my early 20s. They were all dating older guys.
No. of Recommendations: 0
I had some luck with www.match.com. Just make sure you filter good :)

I'm almost in my mid-30s and there are a lot of hot men available. I've learned that men closer to their 40s make the best lovers and I can't barely stand those under 32 -- too much drama.

The hot late 30s men though are mostly looking for younger women because of looks. Luckily for me, I look younger so I managed to snag a few.

:P

Good luck to you.

IG
filter good what?
No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't know, but probably living with a monk would drive me up a wall too.

Fortunately I'm nowhere near Tulsa...
No. of Recommendations: 2
I decided to bring up this dead thread to say that I must be easily susceptable to suggestion... and I should probably consider becoming one of those people who only listens to upbeat music and reads happy things!

It started with rickm71's post #32831:
"My last two girlfriends started out fine but within two to three months went stark raving mad"

Then it got much worse with Waterfelon's post #32832:
"The older you get the fewer choices you have, so if you want to date or find a "relationship" of whatever sort, you have to lower your expectations accordingly"

"the older you get, mid-to-late 30's and above, the more slightly bipolar and imbalanced you have to be willing to put up with to get anywhere"

"After 30, the best ones are taken"

Then, just as I was about to throw myself out the window... I hit Whafa's post #32833:
"Maybe for women this is true, but for men the pool of eligible women increases well into our 30s because there are more younger women available"

...and like manna from heaven, it continued with IsleGirl2010's post #32836:
"I'm almost in my mid-30s and there are a lot of hot men available. I've learned that men closer to their 40s make the best lovers and I can't barely stand those under 32 -- too much drama."

As a 33 year old single fool/Fool, I'm feeling pretty OK now by the end of the thread... heck I'm just barely onto IsleGirl2010's radar at my age! ;-)
Advertisement