UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tpault Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 88919  
Subject: Are these improvements? Date: 11/11/2012 10:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Lately, sometimes when I open a post, some of the author's words are underlined, blue, and are hyperlinks. Other times I can open the same post again and the word(s) are not hyperlinked. Clicking on them seems to lead to third party search engines of dubious quality such as

http://www.alltheservices.com/results2.aspx?keywords=trucks

The word "trucks" in a recent post was hyperlinked and led to that website above.

Ok, on to my next question. When highlighting text to copy into a post, about 6 tiny icons appear including a Fool icon, a large W for Wikipedia, a Youtube icon, etc. Whatever text I highlight, then comes up as a search term in those sites that the icons lead to.

This isn't a complaint, but I am just wondering if these are attempts at Improving The Fool by TMF, or, is this like a virus I or TMF has? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Paul T.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87230 of 88919
Subject: Re: Are these improvements? Date: 11/11/2012 10:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I had a virus that screwed with my search links.

Peter

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement