Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: RAKEN Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1443  
Subject: Re: Raken develops a craps strategy Date: 9/10/2000 4:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
are you saying you'd like something like this:

Y Y N Y N N N Y N Y Y Y Y N N Y N N N Y N

That is acceptable. Though I would prefer a pattern easier to scan with my eyes:

YYnYnnnYnYYYYnnYnnnYn is the same as above but easier to study.

Even better would be something like:
YY n Y nnn Y n YYYY nn Y nnn Y n; or
2y 1n 1y 3n 1y 1n 4y 2n 1y 3n 1y 1n.

Also, it would be useful to have the "natural" passes (ie 7, 11) indicated. When I was doing my crap shooting, I used the inside chip slot to hold my chips and the outside slot as a makeshift recording device. Every time a "pass" or "don't" was made, I placed a chip in the outside slot with the face of the chip parallel to the long axis of the slot. For a pass I leaned the chip out and for a don't I leaned the chip in. For a natural, I used a red chip instead of a white one.

This way it was easy for me to see if the table was chopping, or if everyone was making 2-3 passes before seven-out or if there were long runs one way or the other. That is how I chose my betting strategy. I read the table.

How many trials would you like?

200 would probably do the trick. I don't know how you will be transferring the results to the board. I don't want you to be typing a whole lot of numbers several times as we work this out. But, if you can just do some kind of scan or data transfer, 200 would be nice.

every dice roll (and thus every outcome) will be randomly generated. When you give me a strategy I'll be testing against a newly generated sequence of rolls.

I understand each test will be against a new sequence. I assume you will start a seed number which will become a sequence like 4, 9, 5, 2, 12, 7 then record a "don't" because the shooter didn't make his point (4). If, instead, you are simply going to generate Y's and n's on the basis of some statistical formula, that's fine.

Raken
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Name of the Game: Tax Avoidance
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement