Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PucksFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 15359  
Subject: Are you tired of all the ugly cycling stories? Date: 7/26/2012 8:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Rude & dangerous drivers
Tacks in the TdF
Stupid anti-cycling laws

Read or listen to this story; then go out and ride.
http://www.npr.org/2012/07/20/157065728/two-tough-guys-meet-...

PF (It doesn't mention whether anyone was wearing a helmet.)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: reallyalldone Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14947 of 15359
Subject: Re: Are you tired of all the ugly cycling storie Date: 7/26/2012 6:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I will eventually post more about my trip but a new cyclist joined the family on Tues-my first grandchild - a boy. There's nothing ugly involved ;)

Author: PucksFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14948 of 15359
Subject: Re: Are you tired of all the ugly cycling storie Date: 7/26/2012 10:41 PM
Recommendations: 0
Congrats, Gramps.

PF

Author: hockeypop Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14949 of 15359
Subject: Re: Are you tired of all the ugly cycling storie Date: 7/27/2012 7:51 AM
Recommendations: 1
I think it's Grams! Wonderful in any case!!!! Sigh, I have SO much to look forward to. HP

Author: aurelutra2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14951 of 15359
Subject: Re: Are you tired of all the ugly cycling storie Date: 7/27/2012 4:58 PM
Congratulations! Hope you'll all enjoy watching him grow.

A/L

Author: possum2000 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14974 of 15359
Subject: Re: Are you tired of all the ugly cycling storie Date: 8/24/2012 12:58 PM
Beautiful story, thanks for posting.

Possum
(A little late in replying but...)

Author: N56629 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14982 of 15359
Subject: Re: Are you tired of all the ugly cycling storie Date: 8/28/2012 6:19 PM
Recommendations: 3
Thanks for the great story.

I can't ride bike anymore or at least like I did before (four years ago.) I had to come up with some way to ride and exercise. I tried an exercise bike for awhile but my right foot kept sliding off the pedals because my right side is partially paralyzed and I soon became discouraged.

After a bit of thought, a year or so later, I was looking at my race bike and thought about the clip-ons. I checked the threads and sure enough they where the same. I put them on the exercise bike, found my old shoes and started riding.

My feet no longer slipped off the pedals and has helped me in occasionally riding one of the street bikes. I can even ride it without my feet falling off the pedals. Now if I can just get my balance and endurance back I'll be back riding the 100's. Well maybe 15 or 30mile rides.

Author: PucksFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14983 of 15359
Subject: Re: Are you tired of all the ugly cycling storie Date: 8/28/2012 8:28 PM
You just inspired a bunch of us.

Keep peddling!
PF

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement