No. of Recommendations: 0
We were the only two in the theater for today's earliest showing. That is one heck of a good way to see a film. And it was also a revival of an old custom of ours of seeing films on Thanksgiving day, long fallen by the wayside. I know there were many but the only one I can remember is Star Wars, to which we took the bus on a freezing Minnesota Thanksgiving because I had wrecked the car the day before in a slow-motion collision after losing control on black ice. There was just about nobody in the theater then, either. I can remember that because we lit up and inhaled some illicit substance outside right in front of the theater in broad daylight with no fear of being spotted.

Back to Argo: tense thriller, well acted, very enjoyable. And lots of the smaller parts were played by people you'll recognize if you watch any TV. The Canadian ambassador, for example, was a lawyer on Law & Order numerous times, maybe even a perp once in a while.

--fleg
Print the post  

Announcements

Hollywood Stock Exchange Game
Trade those actors and movies on the HSX board.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement