UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1950267  
Subject: Arizona Pizzeria Refuses to Serve certain folks Date: 2/24/2014 3:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Rocco’s Little Chicago Pizzeria in Tucson had a message for the politicians who supported a bill that allows business owners to refuse to serve gays and lesbians.
“We reserve the right to refuse service to Arizona legislators,” the sign read.
“Funny how just being decent is starting to seem radical these days,”

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1698523.13931009...

Republicans say the law is needed to protect people who have legitimate religious objections to gay marriage.

Protect?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/arizona-pizzeria-am...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923875 of 1950267
Subject: Re: Arizona Pizzeria Refuses to Serve certain fo Date: 2/24/2014 4:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Kansas is going to pass a similar law.

Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923879 of 1950267
Subject: Re: Arizona Pizzeria Refuses to Serve certain fo Date: 2/24/2014 4:36 PM

The Kansas Bill died in the state senate, but Idaho has two bills before the state legislature. The Idaho Bill will allow landlords the right to evict gay people.

I wonder how conservatives will explain the day that a combat vet gets evicted who fought in the republican sponsored Operation Lost in the Sand.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923881 of 1950267
Subject: Re: Arizona Pizzeria Refuses to Serve certain fo Date: 2/24/2014 4:48 PM
I wonder how conservatives will explain the day that a combat vet gets evicted who fought in the republican sponsored Operation Lost in the Sand.

They won't. They'll just call him a traitor and demand that his VA benefits be taken away.

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923886 of 1950267
Subject: Re: Arizona Pizzeria Refuses to Serve certain fo Date: 2/24/2014 4:57 PM
Just a couple of weeks ago a cafe near me had a customer who was a vet with a service dog. The seating is a bit cramped and the dog had to lay in the aisle so the manager on duty asked if they would please reseat themselves in a less trafficked area. The vet refused, stormed out, and the place has been picketed as "unfriendly to vets." The owner is backing up the manager saying it was done in the name of safety not only for the dog but other guests.

Author: willynaylor Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923888 of 1950267
Subject: Re: Arizona Pizzeria Refuses to Serve certain fo Date: 2/24/2014 5:03 PM
Recommendations: 1
No shoes, No shirt, No service...unless you are LGBT, of color, of a religion being persecuted (aren't they all), have no money and no deodorant, etc.

W

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923891 of 1950267
Subject: Re: Arizona Pizzeria Refuses to Serve certain fo Date: 2/24/2014 5:13 PM
No shoes, No shirt, No service..

Period.

The "unless" part of your statement is your fanciful addition which bears no resemblance to reality.

A business continues to have the right to demand dress standards applicable to EVERYBODY.

Author: willynaylor Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923893 of 1950267
Subject: Re: Arizona Pizzeria Refuses to Serve certain fo Date: 2/24/2014 5:51 PM
No shoes, No shirt, No service..

Period.

The "unless" part of your statement is your fanciful addition which bears no resemblance to reality.

A business continues to have the right to demand dress standards applicable to EVERYBODY.

But all those affected have the option to kick it up another notch with one kind of discrimination or another...right?

The point being business already have a right to refuse treatment to anyone, so what is this really about? Rainbows or ??

W

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923896 of 1950267
Subject: Re: Arizona Pizzeria Refuses to Serve certain fo Date: 2/24/2014 6:02 PM
The point being business already have a right to refuse treatment to anyone, so what is this really about? Rainbows or ??

Businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone, as long as the criteria for their refusal are applied to everyone.

Disruptive...
No shoes or shirt....
Drunk....
Etc...

Author: willynaylor Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923897 of 1950267
Subject: Re: Arizona Pizzeria Refuses to Serve certain fo Date: 2/24/2014 6:14 PM
Businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone, as long as the criteria for their refusal are applied to everyone.

Disruptive...
No shoes or shirt....
Drunk....
Etc...

Yeah, those disruptive types are only seen as leveraged reasons by some.

To be in business today...sheeeesh.

W

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923904 of 1950267
Subject: Re: Arizona Pizzeria Refuses to Serve certain fo Date: 2/24/2014 6:34 PM

I tried to translate that into English, but google came back and said your sentence was an unrecognized language.

Author: willynaylor Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923911 of 1950267
Subject: Re: Arizona Pizzeria Refuses to Serve certain fo Date: 2/24/2014 6:52 PM

I tried to translate that into English, but google came back and said your sentence was an unrecognized language.

______

Translation-

If you are disruptive and "somehow punished for the same", then all of a sudden you have some leveraged status with which to complain about as a distraction from your disruptive nature. Libs then dog-pile on the leverage and tea bag the issue to death.

W

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923932 of 1950267
Subject: Re: Arizona Pizzeria Refuses to Serve certain fo Date: 2/24/2014 10:01 PM
No shoes, No shirt, No service...unless you are LGBT, of color, of a religion being persecuted (aren't they all), have no money and no deodorant, etc.

Does that mean you prefer businesses that only cater to straight, white, Christian, wealthy people?

That's the reciprocal of your snark.

Author: willynaylor Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923934 of 1950267
Subject: Re: Arizona Pizzeria Refuses to Serve certain fo Date: 2/24/2014 10:10 PM
Does that mean you prefer businesses that only cater to straight, white, Christian, wealthy people?

That's the reciprocal of your snark.

More upside down, backwards thinking.

I think most any one can run a business, within the community standards, as they see fit. Staying in business is another matter though.

Women's clubs restricted to women is ok with you, right?

Teabagger bar and grill would be ok with you, right?

W

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1923936 of 1950267
Subject: Re: Arizona Pizzeria Refuses to Serve certain fo Date: 2/24/2014 10:16 PM
More upside down, backwards thinking.

You, my friend, were the one denigrating LGBT, non-white, non-religious, not wealthy people.

Adios.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement